1. To start, sign up for emails or texts from your favorite
brands to snag exclusive discount codes and offers.
2. Don't want to pay for shipping? Opt for in-store pickup instead if
there's a location near you.
3. Use sites like Groupon or LivingSocial to score deals on items you want
or things you're interested in doing.
4. Shop at stores like Best Buy or Target that honor price matching. This
way, you can get the best prices on multiple items without having to go to a
bunch of different stores.
6 Things Not to Do When Selecting a Financial Advisor. Hiring a financial
advisor is one of those pivotal life decisions - a fork in the road that can
dictate the path of your financial future for decades to come.
5. When you're shopping online, leave items in your cart for a day or two.
Why? Many retailers will email discount codes to encourage you;
6. Plan your big hauls around major events like the Nordstrom Anniversary
Sale or Victoria's Secret Semi-Annual Sale.
7. And stock up on all those gadgets you've been eyeing during Black Friday
or Cyber Monday.
8. Plan to shop around big holidays like Memorial Day or 4th of July to take
advantage of mega-sale events.
9. Always check out the clearance rack for deeper discounts.
10. Shop during the offseason for the best deals on items like swimsuits or
11. Go to the thrift store or vintage shop to find sweet deals on unique
clothing, shoes, and bags.
12. Check out sites like RetailMeNot to find discount codes to use before
you place your order.
13. You can also sign up for the Drop app to earn redeemable points on every
purchase you make with selected brands, from travel to food.
14. Planning a vacay? Use resources like Google Flights or Hopper to track
prices for airfare.
15. Book your flight at least a month in advance to score the best price.
16. Want to save extra on airfare? Midweek flights on Tuesday or Wednesday
tend to be the cheapest days to fly. Saturday can be another budget-friendly
day as well.
17. Cut down on baggage fees when you fly with Southwest. They offer two
free bags, which can be pretty rare for air travel. Plus, they have no
change or cancellation fees — a win-win in my book!
18. Book your stay through third-party sites like Hotels.com or Travelocity
since they often have a variety of relatively inexpensive rooms, which means
you have even more money to enjoy your trip.
19. Sign up for your loyalty programs at your favorite retailers to get
exclusive discounts or earn money back on your purchase.
20. When you can, buy items like toilet paper, drinks, or cleaning supplies
in bulk to avoid extra trips to the store and save money over time.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission.
Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the
eBay Partner Network.